McKeesport shootings leave one man dead, another wounded
One man was shot to death early Saturday in McKeesport — one of three separate shootings in the city that left one man wounded, authorities said.
Tezjuan J. Taylor, 20, of McKeesport was shot to death just before 1:30 a.m. at the Sunoco convenience station on Lysle Boulevard, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
A man was shot about 10 minutes later in the 300 block of Whigham Street, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. That man's name and condition were not available.
It wasn't clear whether the shootings were related, and Allegheny County homicide detectives could not be reached to provide additional information.
The third shooting occurred just before 11 a.m., county dispatchers said.
Dispatchers said they had no report of injuries, but there was police activity at Crawford Village and Highview Garden apartments.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL relinquishing tax-exempt status
- Penguins GM details Malkin, Hornqvist injuries, offseason priorities
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Plum High School teacher hires attorney who also represents Jerry Sandusky
- Baltimore on edge: National Guardsmen take up positions
- Photo gallery: Steelers 1st-round draft picks
- Woman fired for failing to take drug test sues Pittsburgh Housing Authority
- Girls on Pittsburgh-area robotics team win international awards
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- Pittsburgh to provide residents information on transit planning
- Pittsburgh area unemployment ticks up