McKeesport shootings leave one man dead, another wounded
One man was shot to death early Saturday in McKeesport — one of three separate shootings in the city that left one man wounded, authorities said.
Tezjuan J. Taylor, 20, of McKeesport was shot to death just before 1:30 a.m. at the Sunoco convenience station on Lysle Boulevard, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
A man was shot about 10 minutes later in the 300 block of Whigham Street, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. That man's name and condition were not available.
It wasn't clear whether the shootings were related, and Allegheny County homicide detectives could not be reached to provide additional information.
The third shooting occurred just before 11 a.m., county dispatchers said.
Dispatchers said they had no report of injuries, but there was police activity at Crawford Village and Highview Garden apartments.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in OhioPyle
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Football star’s mom embraced life with gusto
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Pitt coach Narduzzi wants star RB Conner to focus on offense
- Penguins notebook: Road trip increases in difficulty