McKeesport shootings leave one man dead, another wounded
One man was shot to death early Saturday in McKeesport — one of three separate shootings in the city that left one man wounded, authorities said.
Tezjuan J. Taylor, 20, of McKeesport was shot to death just before 1:30 a.m. at the Sunoco convenience station on Lysle Boulevard, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
A man was shot about 10 minutes later in the 300 block of Whigham Street, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. That man's name and condition were not available.
It wasn't clear whether the shootings were related, and Allegheny County homicide detectives could not be reached to provide additional information.
The third shooting occurred just before 11 a.m., county dispatchers said.
Dispatchers said they had no report of injuries, but there was police activity at Crawford Village and Highview Garden apartments.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Air Algerie plane with 116 disappears from radar in Africa
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Rising number of health care workers have less than 4-year degree, study shows
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect