McKeesport shootings leave one man dead, another wounded
One man was shot to death early Saturday in McKeesport — one of three separate shootings in the city that left one man wounded, authorities said.
Tezjuan J. Taylor, 20, of McKeesport was shot to death just before 1:30 a.m. at the Sunoco convenience station on Lysle Boulevard, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office.
A man was shot about 10 minutes later in the 300 block of Whigham Street, an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher said. That man's name and condition were not available.
It wasn't clear whether the shootings were related, and Allegheny County homicide detectives could not be reached to provide additional information.
The third shooting occurred just before 11 a.m., county dispatchers said.
Dispatchers said they had no report of injuries, but there was police activity at Crawford Village and Highview Garden apartments.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of costing residents thousands, viewing porn on the job
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Young players provide big challenge for special teams coach
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta
- ‘Last Days’ offers hope amid despair
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Cal U hopes to avoid getting ‘trapped’
- Suspended Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice McCaffery won’t be charged over wife’s referral fees