W.Va. woman killed in crash in Robinson
A West Virginia woman was killed Thursday in a two-vehicle, head-on crash in Robinson.
Whitney Chipps, 19, of New Cumberland, died in the crash that occurred at 2:41 p.m. in the 1200 block of Silver Lane, a spokeswoman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said. Chipps was driving a car that was involved in a collision with a sport utility vehicle, the spokeswoman said.
An autopsy is scheduled Friday. Allegheny County homicide detectives and Robinson police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt blows 10-point lead as Iowa rallies for win
- Wild Things rebound; 2 named to postseason all-star team
- Butler County spotlight athletes: Sunday, Sept. 21, 2014
- Knoch boys soccer team piling up goals, victories
- Butler 911 activates stand-by plan after problems develop with radio transmission system
- Moore hopes to see red (zone) in Steelers debut
- Steelers notebook: Ravens DL fined for hit on Roethlisberger
- Seneca Valley’s Lang embracing senior soccer season
- Finally healthy, Letang looking to make his presence felt as a leader
- Harhai campaign emails from 2007 under review, Westmoreland County DA says
- Butler girls soccer team seeking top 3 finish in rugged section