Missing man's body found in Beaver County creek
The body of a missing Ohioville man was found Thursday afternoon in a creek near his home on Smith's Ferry Road, Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi said.
An autopsy is scheduled Friday on John William Zinich, 80, who had been reported missing after he walked away from his home around 2 a.m., Tatalovich-Rossi and county emergency dispatchers said.
Police, volunteer firefighters and other searchers were aided by a state police helicopter in trying to find Zinich, who county emergency dispatchers said was known to have health problems.
His body was found submerged in water at the foot of a steep hillside, Tatalovich-Rossi said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Penn State notebook: Defensive line has strong start
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- New Ohiopyle park manager ready for big challenge that comes with job
- On the border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne