2 children hit on bikes in 2 spots in Pittsburgh
Paramedics took a young girl to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville because a vehicle hit her Sunday afternoon while she rode her bike in Carrick, an emergency dispatcher said.
The girl, 7, was hit near the intersection of Madeline Street and Brownsville Road about 12:30. Her condition wasn't available.
A boy, 11, did not require a trip to the hospital when he was hit around the same time in a separate bicycle accident on North Homewood Avenue in Homewood, the dispatcher said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Starkey: Steelers still knockin’ on Canton’s door
- Pitcher Arrieta, Cubs shut down Pirates in victory at PNC Park
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Spaeth on baby watch
- Catching on: Jeannette grad Pryor making progress with transition to receiver
- Pa. hospital association says Wolf’s proposed tax hike would hit hard
- Philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse Elsie Hillman dies at 89
- Murrysville oncologist says he had necessary permits to hunt, kill lion
- Former Lower Burrell couple to stand trial for animal cruelty
- N.C. State was best fit for former Lincoln Park star Rowan
- Lone robber holds up Vanderbilt store