2 children hit on bikes in 2 spots in Pittsburgh
Paramedics took a young girl to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville because a vehicle hit her Sunday afternoon while she rode her bike in Carrick, an emergency dispatcher said.
The girl, 7, was hit near the intersection of Madeline Street and Brownsville Road about 12:30. Her condition wasn't available.
A boy, 11, did not require a trip to the hospital when he was hit around the same time in a separate bicycle accident on North Homewood Avenue in Homewood, the dispatcher said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Pitt defense enters new season with something to prove
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Fatal accident reported in Jefferson Twp.
- Kid Lit Style Children’s books inspire decor choices
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Aliquippa RB Bronaugh to miss season after cancer diagnosis
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- NFL notebook: Bills cut RB Jackson, name Taylor starting QB
- D3 football preview: Last year’s impact freshmen look to avoid sophomore jinx