2 children hit on bikes in 2 spots in Pittsburgh
Paramedics took a young girl to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh in Lawrenceville because a vehicle hit her Sunday afternoon while she rode her bike in Carrick, an emergency dispatcher said.
The girl, 7, was hit near the intersection of Madeline Street and Brownsville Road about 12:30. Her condition wasn't available.
A boy, 11, did not require a trip to the hospital when he was hit around the same time in a separate bicycle accident on North Homewood Avenue in Homewood, the dispatcher said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Harrisburg insider, newcomer battle over change in Pa.’s 46th Senate District
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Monessen police break up fight
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract