Greene County teen dies in ATV crash
A Wayne Township teenager died Sunday afternoon when the ATV he was riding ran off the road into a tree, authorities said.
The Greene County Coroner's Office said Samuel Thomas Young, 17, was riding along Bell Run Road shortly before 2:20 p.m. when he crashed.
Deputy Coroner William Lewis Jr. declared Young dead at the scene at 3:25 p.m. State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Phone threats put scare into international flights
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh asking Supreme Court to hear case
- Overhaul possible for West Mifflin’s Century III Mall
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- Man dies in North Buffalo fire
- Kiski River search finds kayak but no kayaker
- Juvenile status hearing, trial delayed in Franklin Regional stabbings
- Japan to participate in joint exercise with U.S., Australia
- Former Ford City superintendent charged with killing family member in Texas