Two men shot in Wilkinsburg
Two men were found shot and wounded inside a sport utility vehicle on Tuesday afternoon in Wilkinsburg.
The shooting was reported at 1:36 p.m. when the SUV stopped at the intersection of Hill and Montier streets, Wilkinsburg police Chief Ophelia Coleman said.
A passenger who appeared to have been shot in the chest and mouth was taken to the hospital in critical condition, she said. The driver was taken to the hospital for treatment of a gunshot wound to the hip and released, Allegheny County Police Lt. Andrew Schurman said.
Police believe the pair were shot a short time earlier by individuals standing outside the vehicle on Village Drive, not far from Turner Elementary School, Schurman said. The motive is not known, he said.
Police and firefighters recovered a handgun from a porch roof at the intersection of Hill and Montier, Schurman said.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call county homicide detectives at 412-473-1300.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Turnpike accident kills 1
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- Military commissary opening draws 400 visitors
- Parents of duct-taped Highlands student don’t want charges
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 5 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Homeland Security orders new screening for Ebola