Somerset County man charged with killing girlfriend
A Somerset County man was arraigned on homicide and related charges in the death of his girlfriend.
State and Windber police allege Denver Roy Alan Blough, 25, fatally shot Caressa Kovalcik, 23, about 6:50 p.m. Saturday in their borough apartment.
Blough was arraigned early Sunday before District Judge Susan Mankamyer and is being held in the Somerset County Jail without bail. The couple lives in a 19th Street apartment with their 11-month-old son. Police did not say if the boy was home at the time of the shooting.
In addition to homicide, police charged Blough with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 11 before District Judge William Seger.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Missed chances haunt Chiefs against Steelers
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- LaBar: Reigns could be WWE’s next big gamble
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- SWAT teams surround Lincoln-Lemington home after shooting
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age