Somerset County man charged with killing girlfriend
A Somerset County man was arraigned on homicide and related charges in the death of his girlfriend.
State and Windber police allege Denver Roy Alan Blough, 25, fatally shot Caressa Kovalcik, 23, about 6:50 p.m. Saturday in their borough apartment.
Blough was arraigned early Sunday before District Judge Susan Mankamyer and is being held in the Somerset County Jail without bail. The couple lives in a 19th Street apartment with their 11-month-old son. Police did not say if the boy was home at the time of the shooting.
In addition to homicide, police charged Blough with attempted homicide, aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 11 before District Judge William Seger.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Hundreds mourn victims of McKeesport house fire at candlelight vigil
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson