Pittsburgh police charge 2, seize $10k during drug bust
Pittsburgh police arrested two people in Beltzhoover and recovered more than $10,000 in a drug bust, authorities said Sunday.
Officers stopped Dewayne Chatfield Jr., 28, and Michelle Szulkowski, 35, both of Beltzhoover on Climax Street on Saturday and confiscated 100 stamp bags of heroin, two pills, a needle and $320 from Szulkowski; and three cell phones and a total of $2,340 from Chatfield.
A search of Chatfield's home found another $8,295 and nine stamp bags of heroin, several of which were in a children's bookbag with other drug paraphernalia. Police said Chatfield left two juvenile children unattended at home during the transaction.
Both Chatfield and Szulkowski faced numerous charges of possession and possession with intent to deliver; Chatfield was also charged with two counts of child endangerment and driving on a suspended license.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Cat found shot with arrow in Penn Township expected to survive
- Allegheny County budget proposal sidesteps tax increase, boosts jail spending
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Hampton’s Balish, GCC’s Zambruno capture WPIAL girls golf titles
- State Supreme Court concludes hearing on UPMC-Highmark Medicare case
- Johnstown man accused of sexual misconduct at state park
- Mexico’s army chief denies troops involved in massacre
- Out-of-control car strikes four vehicles, building in Verona