Pittsburgh police charge 2, seize $10k during drug bust
Pittsburgh police arrested two people in Beltzhoover and recovered more than $10,000 in a drug bust, authorities said Sunday.
Officers stopped Dewayne Chatfield Jr., 28, and Michelle Szulkowski, 35, both of Beltzhoover on Climax Street on Saturday and confiscated 100 stamp bags of heroin, two pills, a needle and $320 from Szulkowski; and three cell phones and a total of $2,340 from Chatfield.
A search of Chatfield's home found another $8,295 and nine stamp bags of heroin, several of which were in a children's bookbag with other drug paraphernalia. Police said Chatfield left two juvenile children unattended at home during the transaction.
Both Chatfield and Szulkowski faced numerous charges of possession and possession with intent to deliver; Chatfield was also charged with two counts of child endangerment and driving on a suspended license.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Kittanning boys soccer team pleases new coach in season-opening loss
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Maryland doctor will give up license
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’