East Pittsburgh fugitive arrested in Somerset County
An East Pittsburgh man who made the Allegheny County Sheriff Department's list of “Most Wanted” fugitives for violating terms of his release has been arrested in Somerset County, sheriff deputies said on Monday.
Jon Daniel Edwards, 32, who was convicted of a variety of crimes including burglary and endangering the welfare of children, was found at a home in Windber, sheriff's Cmdr. Kevin Kraus said. Deputies received an anonymous tip about his whereabouts and asked Windber police to check on the home, he said.
Edwards, who will be charged with drug possession in Somerset County because Windber police found him with illegal narcotics, will be returned to Allegheny County, Kraus said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Baby makes arrival at fast food restaurant in Hazelwood
- Steelers receiver Brown attends workouts despite previous comments
- Plum officials: District won’t inhibit ‘constitutionally protected speech’
- Man found dead in Lower Burrell
- Grand jury presentment: AG Kane lied, attempted to cover up leak
- State jumps in UPMC-Highmark dispute
- Poland blocks pro-Putin Russian bikers at border
- Fire damages state Rep. Ryan Warner’s office in North Union
- Man freed from collapsed trench in Sheraden
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’