East Pittsburgh fugitive arrested in Somerset County
An East Pittsburgh man who made the Allegheny County Sheriff Department's list of “Most Wanted” fugitives for violating terms of his release has been arrested in Somerset County, sheriff deputies said on Monday.
Jon Daniel Edwards, 32, who was convicted of a variety of crimes including burglary and endangering the welfare of children, was found at a home in Windber, sheriff's Cmdr. Kevin Kraus said. Deputies received an anonymous tip about his whereabouts and asked Windber police to check on the home, he said.
Edwards, who will be charged with drug possession in Somerset County because Windber police found him with illegal narcotics, will be returned to Allegheny County, Kraus said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- New manager welcomes challenge
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates