Falling concrete slows vehicle, rail traffic in Larimer, North Point Breeze
Motor vehicle and rail traffic was halted Monday night because of chunks of concrete falling from an overpass near a busy intersection in Larimer and North Point Breeze, emergency dispatchers were told.
The concrete fell about 10:15 p.m. from the overpass on Fifth Ave., near the intersection with Hamilton Ave., dispatchers were told.
Inspectors were summoned to examine the overpass before the area, near the Port Authority garage, can be reopened, dispatchers were told.
There were no reports that anyone was injured or that any vehicles were damaged by the falling concrete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- 2 injured in Strip District shooting
- ATI picketer injured at Harrison mill
- FDA’s revised serving sizes on nutrition labels might backfire as endorsement
- New Orleans slow to heal 10 years after Hurricane Katrina
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout
- Independent bookshops find ways to keep going with new owners
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington