Falling concrete slows vehicle, rail traffic in Larimer, North Point Breeze
Motor vehicle and rail traffic was halted Monday night because of chunks of concrete falling from an overpass near a busy intersection in Larimer and North Point Breeze, emergency dispatchers were told.
The concrete fell about 10:15 p.m. from the overpass on Fifth Ave., near the intersection with Hamilton Ave., dispatchers were told.
Inspectors were summoned to examine the overpass before the area, near the Port Authority garage, can be reopened, dispatchers were told.
There were no reports that anyone was injured or that any vehicles were damaged by the falling concrete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Photo gallery: Katy Perry brings her world tour to Consol
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Westmoreland County gets the word out about drug problem
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Baggaley school principal seeks volunteers to build playground
- Unity zoning board OKs cellphone tower project
- Sewer projects will cost millions
- Consumer prices creep up 0.3% in June
- Judge nixes suit from Empire State Building investors
- California firm issues nationwide fruit recall