Falling concrete slows vehicle, rail traffic in Larimer, North Point Breeze
Motor vehicle and rail traffic was halted Monday night because of chunks of concrete falling from an overpass near a busy intersection in Larimer and North Point Breeze, emergency dispatchers were told.
The concrete fell about 10:15 p.m. from the overpass on Fifth Ave., near the intersection with Hamilton Ave., dispatchers were told.
Inspectors were summoned to examine the overpass before the area, near the Port Authority garage, can be reopened, dispatchers were told.
There were no reports that anyone was injured or that any vehicles were damaged by the falling concrete.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- Woman’s body found in Adams home
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Analyst outlines Klein’s supplements, prescriptions
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Slow-moving train hits car in Lawrenceville
- 2 Fayette commissioners oust Ambrosini as board chairman
- At least 2 dead after plane crashes at Kansas airport