Sarver sailor stabbed on Va. Navy base in good condition
PORTSMOUTH, Va. — The Navy said a sailor stabbed in an attack on a Virginia base is listed in good condition.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Justin Powell's condition was upgraded on Saturday.
The 25-year-old from Sarver, Butler County, had been listed on Friday night in critical condition after surgery.
The attack on Powell early Friday in Portsmouth sparked a lockdown and a manhunt before his suspected assailant was arrested.
Petty Officer 3rd Class Wilbur Harwell was arrested nearby in Virginia Beach.
The Navy said the stabbing occurred outside the Navy Exchange at Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads, Portsmouth Annex.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pitt routs Kansas State to finish 3rd at Maui Invitational
- Fewer adults smoking, U.S. survey finds
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Trib kicks off annual effort to help feed families for Christmas
- Liberal Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has stent placed in heart artery