South Side woman pleads guilty to assaulting 6-month-old son
A South Side woman pleaded guilty Monday to aggravated assault of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment for rubbing feces on her baby's face at Children's Hospital.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel will sentence Lauren Buzard, 39, on Sept. 2. Her attorney could not be reached for comment.
Police said Buzard tampered with her 6-month-old son's IV line and smeared feces from a dirty diaper on his nasal feeding tube while he was at the Lawrenceville hospital.
Police initially arrested Buzard in August when a surveillance camera inside her son's room caught her on tape. She was released without bond, but arrested again in January and denied bail when she failed to appear in court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- FBI investigates celebrities’ nude photo claims
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Afghan power-sharing deal breaks down
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump