South Side woman pleads guilty to assaulting 6-month-old son
A South Side woman pleaded guilty Monday to aggravated assault of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment for rubbing feces on her baby's face at Children's Hospital.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel will sentence Lauren Buzard, 39, on Sept. 2. Her attorney could not be reached for comment.
Police said Buzard tampered with her 6-month-old son's IV line and smeared feces from a dirty diaper on his nasal feeding tube while he was at the Lawrenceville hospital.
Police initially arrested Buzard in August when a surveillance camera inside her son's room caught her on tape. She was released without bond, but arrested again in January and denied bail when she failed to appear in court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- Coach Jordano providing steady hand for Pitt baseball program
- Reliever Hughes takes plenty of pride in being Pirates’ middle man
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- West Virgina advances to WNIT title game
- Gibsonia film producer makes documentary about female troops serving in war
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 3, Orioles 3, 10 inns.