South Side woman pleads guilty to assaulting 6-month-old son
A South Side woman pleaded guilty Monday to aggravated assault of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment for rubbing feces on her baby's face at Children's Hospital.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel will sentence Lauren Buzard, 39, on Sept. 2. Her attorney could not be reached for comment.
Police said Buzard tampered with her 6-month-old son's IV line and smeared feces from a dirty diaper on his nasal feeding tube while he was at the Lawrenceville hospital.
Police initially arrested Buzard in August when a surveillance camera inside her son's room caught her on tape. She was released without bond, but arrested again in January and denied bail when she failed to appear in court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- Body found in Allegheny River near Clemente Bridge
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase