South Side woman pleads guilty to assaulting 6-month-old son
A South Side woman pleaded guilty Monday to aggravated assault of a child, endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment for rubbing feces on her baby's face at Children's Hospital.
Allegheny County Common Pleas Judge Donna Jo McDaniel will sentence Lauren Buzard, 39, on Sept. 2. Her attorney could not be reached for comment.
Police said Buzard tampered with her 6-month-old son's IV line and smeared feces from a dirty diaper on his nasal feeding tube while he was at the Lawrenceville hospital.
Police initially arrested Buzard in August when a surveillance camera inside her son's room caught her on tape. She was released without bond, but arrested again in January and denied bail when she failed to appear in court.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Amid struggles, top fiscal executive to leave EDMC
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Grant to help CMU spinoff start production
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- 8 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- GCC’s Zambruno, Sewickley Academy’s Li win PIAA golf titles
- Judge makes August Wilson center sale official