Drowning reported in Lawrence County quarry
A man from Ohio died in what police are calling an “accidental drowning” Monday evening in Lawrence County.
Aaron Mahdee, 20, of Youngstown, died shortly before 8 p.m. in a private quarry off Eric Drive in Mahoning, township police Officer Nathaniel H. Brooks said.
The quarry is located near the community of Hillsvale, west of New Castle, emergency dispatchers said.
The Lawrence County coroner is assisting township police with the investigation.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt students clean up Mon Valley neighborhoods for annual service day
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- ReClaim McKeesport ambassadors transform vacant lot
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Cookies for Our Troops marches on
- Ebola watch lists to shrink