Drowning reported in Lawrence County quarry
A man from Ohio died in what police are calling an “accidental drowning” Monday evening in Lawrence County.
Aaron Mahdee, 20, of Youngstown, died shortly before 8 p.m. in a private quarry off Eric Drive in Mahoning, township police Officer Nathaniel H. Brooks said.
The quarry is located near the community of Hillsvale, west of New Castle, emergency dispatchers said.
The Lawrence County coroner is assisting township police with the investigation.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identity of Route 30 suicide victim revealed
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Pirates’ search for division title rests on starting rotation’s health
- Pittsburgh diocese eliminates fees for marriage annulments
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Pittsburgh Street in Springdale to close April 10
- Big names highlight Three Rivers Arts Festival’s 2015 musical lineup
- District attorney will review grand jury’s report on AG Kane
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- Firefighter hurt in 3-alarm fire at Jefferson Hills restaurant
- Jury deliberating in dispute over origin of Heinz ‘Dip & Squeeze’ ketchup package