Drowning reported in Lawrence County quarry
A man from Ohio died in what police are calling an “accidental drowning” Monday evening in Lawrence County.
Aaron Mahdee, 20, of Youngstown, died shortly before 8 p.m. in a private quarry off Eric Drive in Mahoning, township police Officer Nathaniel H. Brooks said.
The quarry is located near the community of Hillsvale, west of New Castle, emergency dispatchers said.
The Lawrence County coroner is assisting township police with the investigation.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips