Drowning reported in Lawrence County quarry
A man from Ohio died in what police are calling an “accidental drowning” Monday evening in Lawrence County.
Aaron Mahdee, 20, of Youngstown, died shortly before 8 p.m. in a private quarry off Eric Drive in Mahoning, township police Officer Nathaniel H. Brooks said.
The quarry is located near the community of Hillsvale, west of New Castle, emergency dispatchers said.
The Lawrence County coroner is assisting township police with the investigation.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates come back to take series from Padres
- U.S. allows ‘purposeful’ cruises to Cuba; Carnival plans trips from Miami in May
- Starkey: Is this Huntington’s best Bucs team?
- 92-year-old Rostraver home invasion victim questioned by suspect in court
- Roundup: Wolf names 48 to task force on expanding gas pipelines; Airlines boost on-time rating; more
- Nonprofit finds 529 illegal dump sites in Pittsburgh, 250 more than 2009
- Plum board members reach consensus on new elementary school
- Risk for insurers, mutual funds are stronger, IMF claims
- Shale impact fees increase in Carroll
- U.S. job openings stay high, but actual hiring falters in May
- Longtime bus driver worked hard to the end