Drowning reported in Lawrence County quarry
A man from Ohio died in what police are calling an “accidental drowning” Monday evening in Lawrence County.
Aaron Mahdee, 20, of Youngstown, died shortly before 8 p.m. in a private quarry off Eric Drive in Mahoning, township police Officer Nathaniel H. Brooks said.
The quarry is located near the community of Hillsvale, west of New Castle, emergency dispatchers said.
The Lawrence County coroner is assisting township police with the investigation.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh fans pay tribute to ‘Mockingjay Part 1’
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- The WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Review: ‘Mockingjay — Part 1’ a glum setup for ‘Hunger Games’ finale
- Child flown to Pittsburgh hospital after being struck by car in Beaver County
- Carnegie Science Center adds legendary Buhl Planetarium to railroad village
- Education program comes full circle at UPG
- First Draft: Leave the wine corked and serve beer for Thanksgiving
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Pittsburgh police are searching for 12-year-old girl
- Stage Right Theatre Company’s ‘Fiddler’ all about family, on, off stage