Obama coming back to Western Pennsylvania
President Obama plans to travel to Western Pennsylvania on Tuesday, the White House announced.
The White House on Wednesday did not release details of the visit, beyond saying he'll be here for an event related to the economy. It will be Obama's third visit to the Pittsburgh area this year.
Obama last traveled to the area on April 16, when he and Vice President Joe Biden spoke about job training at the Community College of Allegheny County's West Hills Center. Obama spoke at U.S. Steel's Irvin Plant in West Mifflin on Jan. 29, the day after delivering the State of the Union address.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- East Allegheny teachers to hit the picket lines
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Homestead to celebrate one of its own at jazz festival
- Flexible-use building in the works for Duquesne
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense