Weather service tracking twister in south central Pa.
The National Weather Service says radar is tracking a confirmed tornado in south central Pennsylvania.
The weather service says a tornado warning is in effect until 6:45 p.m. for areas near Clearville and Bedford. That's about 100 miles west of Harrisburg. Forecasters have also issued a tornado watch for much of western and south central Pennsylvania.
The watch is in effect until 9 p.m. Wednesday for Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
That area stretches from north of Pittsburgh to Altoona and Gettysburg.
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable to produce funnel clouds or a tornado.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Police stop car in Beltzhoover, find body in back seat
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- For Penguins coach Johnston, it’s a matter of substance over style