Weather service tracking twister in south central Pa.
The National Weather Service says radar is tracking a confirmed tornado in south central Pennsylvania.
The weather service says a tornado warning is in effect until 6:45 p.m. for areas near Clearville and Bedford. That's about 100 miles west of Harrisburg. Forecasters have also issued a tornado watch for much of western and south central Pennsylvania.
The watch is in effect until 9 p.m. Wednesday for Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
That area stretches from north of Pittsburgh to Altoona and Gettysburg.
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable to produce funnel clouds or a tornado.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man found dead in Lower Burrell
- Plum students protest orders to keep mum about sex cases
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Lawyers present procedural arguments for AG Kane’s contempt hearing
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Mylan rejects Teva’s $40 billion takeover bid
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student