Weather service tracking twister in south central Pa.
The National Weather Service says radar is tracking a confirmed tornado in south central Pennsylvania.
The weather service says a tornado warning is in effect until 6:45 p.m. for areas near Clearville and Bedford. That's about 100 miles west of Harrisburg. Forecasters have also issued a tornado watch for much of western and south central Pennsylvania.
The watch is in effect until 9 p.m. Wednesday for Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
That area stretches from north of Pittsburgh to Altoona and Gettysburg.
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable to produce funnel clouds or a tornado.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport Area first-grader brings toy gun on school bus
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Retired U.S. Marine general key speaker
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Monessen pressed on sewage project
- Freeport volleyball team’s other foe is complacency
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- City Theatre offers sweet, supportive take on Shanley’s ‘Outside Mullingar’
- IBM to pay $1.5B to shed chip division
- Stretch of Freeport Road rezoned