Weather service tracking twister in south central Pa.
The National Weather Service says radar is tracking a confirmed tornado in south central Pennsylvania.
The weather service says a tornado warning is in effect until 6:45 p.m. for areas near Clearville and Bedford. That's about 100 miles west of Harrisburg. Forecasters have also issued a tornado watch for much of western and south central Pennsylvania.
The watch is in effect until 9 p.m. Wednesday for Adams, Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria, Fayette, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Somerset, Washington and Westmoreland counties.
That area stretches from north of Pittsburgh to Altoona and Gettysburg.
A watch means that weather conditions are favorable to produce funnel clouds or a tornado.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mother, baby found dead in Millvale apartment
- 2 found dead in Harrison home
- Steelers sign former ACC Player of the Year Boyd for QB depth
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Route 422 closed after serious accident in Kittanning Township
- Allegheny County Controller candidates quarrel 2 days before Dem endorsement vote
- Pitt star running back Conner likes to give back, savors charity work
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Accident near Highland Park Bridge backs up Route 28 traffic
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill