Man pulled from Wilkinsburg swimming pool dies
A 50-year-old man who was pulled from a swimming pool in Wilkinsburg and rushed to the hospital earlier this week has died, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday.
Martin Autore died at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he was taken after being found Monday afternoon underwater in a condominium complex pool in the 700 block of Beacon Hill Drive, authorities said.
Police, paramedics and Pittsburgh firefighters helped a lifeguard get the man — thought to be a resident of the complex — out of the water and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation efforts, officers said.
An autopsy is scheduled Thursday to determine how the man — who was swimming alone — died and if he had some type of medical issue that contributed, investigators said.
Allegheny County Police Lt. Andrew Schurman said homicide detectives have interviewed the lifeguard and are reviewing surveillance video of the pool.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Early shoppers jam local stores
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- Book details Steelers’ history in black and white
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Hong Kong protest leader Wong an unlikely icon
- South Allegheny girls basketball team will rotate two lineups
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Penn State mens basketball wins fourth in a row, improves to 6-1
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Dozens killed in bombing attack on Nigerian mosque
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters