Man pulled from Wilkinsburg swimming pool dies
A 50-year-old man who was pulled from a swimming pool in Wilkinsburg and rushed to the hospital earlier this week has died, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said Wednesday.
Martin Autore died at 7:45 p.m. Tuesday at UPMC Presbyterian hospital where he was taken after being found Monday afternoon underwater in a condominium complex pool in the 700 block of Beacon Hill Drive, authorities said.
Police, paramedics and Pittsburgh firefighters helped a lifeguard get the man — thought to be a resident of the complex — out of the water and began cardiopulmonary resuscitation efforts, officers said.
An autopsy is scheduled Thursday to determine how the man — who was swimming alone — died and if he had some type of medical issue that contributed, investigators said.
Allegheny County Police Lt. Andrew Schurman said homicide detectives have interviewed the lifeguard and are reviewing surveillance video of the pool.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- Elizabeth Forward girls soccer looks to extend playoff streak
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Apollo Council, solicitor prepare vacancy ordinance
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week
- Frazier’s Ross is Player of the Week
- Campus clippings: Knoch product Sanks wastes no time at EKU
- Fallowfield plans meeting to reveal results of studies