Some Allegheny County offices closed Friday
Some Allegheny County offices will close on Friday in observance of Flag Day.
The Court of Common Pleas, Department of Court Records, Elections Division and the District Attorney's, Treasurer's and Sheriff's offices will be closed.
All other county offices, including the Marriage License Bureau and Passport Office, will have normal business hours.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Baldwin-Whitehall teacher charged with assault for hitting male student in chest
- Bacteria levels in water at VA Butler Healthcare too high
- Trooper fatally shoots burglary suspect inside Somerset grocery store
- Homewood man ordered to stand trial in death of Andre Gray
- Top U.S. advisers debate Iraqi strategy to fight ISIS
- Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to Pittsburgh
- Armed bandit holds up Leechburg gas station
- Officials envision reinvigorated Allegheny County Airport
- Two jail inmates died at UPMC Mercy, medical examiner’s office says
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Harmar OKs Sheetz land development plan