Accident on Parkway East backs up traffic several miles
A motorist crashed into and knocked over a pole on the outbound Parkway East between the Penn Hills and Monroeville exits, clogging the Thursday afternoon commute.
Motorists should expect “significant delays,” said Steve Cowan, a PennDOT spokesman.
He said traffic was backed up several miles but all lanes were reopen about 4:30 p.m. The accident occurred about 3 p.m.
“My suggestion to motorists would be, if you have an opportunity to take a different route, you may want to consider it at this point,” he said.
Emergency responders were tending to the driver, but Cowan was unsure if anyone was injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- WHO: Nigeria’s Ebola outbreak is officially over
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Fox Chapel native nearing return to Penn State offensive line