Accident on Parkway East backs up traffic several miles
A motorist crashed into and knocked over a pole on the outbound Parkway East between the Penn Hills and Monroeville exits, clogging the Thursday afternoon commute.
Motorists should expect “significant delays,” said Steve Cowan, a PennDOT spokesman.
He said traffic was backed up several miles but all lanes were reopen about 4:30 p.m. The accident occurred about 3 p.m.
“My suggestion to motorists would be, if you have an opportunity to take a different route, you may want to consider it at this point,” he said.
Emergency responders were tending to the driver, but Cowan was unsure if anyone was injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line with Penguins
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Van Halen plays plenty of favorites in First Niagara show
- More than 100 stamp bags confiscated in Greensburg; 4 arrested