Accident on Parkway East backs up traffic several miles
A motorist crashed into and knocked over a pole on the outbound Parkway East between the Penn Hills and Monroeville exits, clogging the Thursday afternoon commute.
Motorists should expect “significant delays,” said Steve Cowan, a PennDOT spokesman.
He said traffic was backed up several miles but all lanes were reopen about 4:30 p.m. The accident occurred about 3 p.m.
“My suggestion to motorists would be, if you have an opportunity to take a different route, you may want to consider it at this point,” he said.
Emergency responders were tending to the driver, but Cowan was unsure if anyone was injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Apple CEO Tim Cook: ‘I’m proud to be gay’
- Lifesharing allows families to open homes, hearts to disabled
- Kiski Valley-based ring charged with hundreds of thefts over 10 communities
- Ferrante murder trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Clairton police rounding up street-level drug dealers