Accident on Parkway East backs up traffic several miles
A motorist crashed into and knocked over a pole on the outbound Parkway East between the Penn Hills and Monroeville exits, clogging the Thursday afternoon commute.
Motorists should expect “significant delays,” said Steve Cowan, a PennDOT spokesman.
He said traffic was backed up several miles but all lanes were reopen about 4:30 p.m. The accident occurred about 3 p.m.
“My suggestion to motorists would be, if you have an opportunity to take a different route, you may want to consider it at this point,” he said.
Emergency responders were tending to the driver, but Cowan was unsure if anyone was injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Video posted online captures Wilkinsburg child’s injuries
- Police chase ends with shooting in Bell Township; suspect wounded
- Number of jobs in high-tech industry outpace workers in Pittsburgh, nation
- Steelers defense a long way from ‘greatest of all time’
- Pirates hit 3 HRs in rout of Red Sox
- Starkey: Two amazing Pirates fans
- Bayer plastics unit may be gone
- Steelers remain confident in ground game
- Fed not budging on rate increase
- New Kensington-Arnold teachers accept 3-year contract
- Donegal Township families fight driller to get clean water