Boy escapes from man inside Mercer County rest room
State police are searching for a man who is accused of grabbing a 9-year-old boy in the rest room of a Walmart in Mercer County and pulling him into a stall on Thursday afternoon.
The screaming boy was eventually able to run out into the store and find his father inside the store at 1556 West Main Street in Grove City, troopers said.
The man accused of grabbing the boy was last seen running into the woods at the rear of the store. Troopers and officers from Grove City searched the area but the man had fled, state police said.
According to troopers:
The suspect watched as a father and his two sons, ages 6 and 9, used the rest room about 4:30 p.m. After the father and 6-year-old left, the 9-year-old was still inside, washing his hands, when he was grabbed from behind around the waist, pulled into a stall and the door was shut.
The 9-year-old freed himself and ran out of the stall but the man grabbed him and pulled him back inside before finally releasing him when the boy began screaming.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the incident is asked to call state police at 724-662-6162.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark