Boy escapes from man inside Mercer County rest room
State police are searching for a man who is accused of grabbing a 9-year-old boy in the rest room of a Walmart in Mercer County and pulling him into a stall on Thursday afternoon.
The screaming boy was eventually able to run out into the store and find his father inside the store at 1556 West Main Street in Grove City, troopers said.
The man accused of grabbing the boy was last seen running into the woods at the rear of the store. Troopers and officers from Grove City searched the area but the man had fled, state police said.
According to troopers:
The suspect watched as a father and his two sons, ages 6 and 9, used the rest room about 4:30 p.m. After the father and 6-year-old left, the 9-year-old was still inside, washing his hands, when he was grabbed from behind around the waist, pulled into a stall and the door was shut.
The 9-year-old freed himself and ran out of the stall but the man grabbed him and pulled him back inside before finally releasing him when the boy began screaming.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the incident is asked to call state police at 724-662-6162.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Miami (Fla.) gets prepared to take on ‘physical’ Pitt team
- Carrick crime ‘blitz’ shows early signs of success
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Pittsburgh nonprofit 412 Food Rescue takes surplus food to needy
- Western Pa. dairies get creative to ensure eggnog supply
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- Central Catholic senior Jones plays key role in all phases for Vikings