Shooting victim found along Penn Hills road
A man was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon in Penn Hills.
Police and paramedics were called at 2:33 p.m. after neighbors heard gunfire in the 4800 block of Verona Road. They found the man, who appeared to have been shot at least twice, dead near his car parked along the side of the road, said James Morton, Allegheny County Police assistant superintendent. His name was not released by authorities.
County homicide detectives and Penn Hills police believe the shooting was the result of a drug deal gone bad, Morton said. At least one man was being questioned by homicide detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Alle-Kiski Valley high school roundup: No. 2 Riverview wins in opener
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Tickets going on sale for February Evancho show