Shooting victim found along Penn Hills road
A man was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon in Penn Hills.
Police and paramedics were called at 2:33 p.m. after neighbors heard gunfire in the 4800 block of Verona Road. They found the man, who appeared to have been shot at least twice, dead near his car parked along the side of the road, said James Morton, Allegheny County Police assistant superintendent. His name was not released by authorities.
County homicide detectives and Penn Hills police believe the shooting was the result of a drug deal gone bad, Morton said. At least one man was being questioned by homicide detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger, offense must adjust with CB Smith out
- Ferrante murder trial heads into day 6 with testimony on cyanide, Web searches
- Kiski Valley-based ring charged with hundreds of thefts over 10 communities
- Malala donates prize money to rebuild Gaza school
- Greensburg torture killer seeks reduction in sentence
- Gorman: For Bethel Park, the worst road trip in WPIAL playoffs