Shooting victim found along Penn Hills road
A man was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon in Penn Hills.
Police and paramedics were called at 2:33 p.m. after neighbors heard gunfire in the 4800 block of Verona Road. They found the man, who appeared to have been shot at least twice, dead near his car parked along the side of the road, said James Morton, Allegheny County Police assistant superintendent. His name was not released by authorities.
County homicide detectives and Penn Hills police believe the shooting was the result of a drug deal gone bad, Morton said. At least one man was being questioned by homicide detectives.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- State Supreme Court: Highmark Medicare Advantage members to retain in-network access to UPMC
- Cheyney University’s accreditation in jeopardy because of financial woes
- Lane restrictions announced for portion of Route 28
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- Steelers stalled by Seahawks, on outside of AFC wild-card picture
- Penguins centermen enjoying better faceoff success rate this season
- Steelers players say they support Tomlin’s attempts at deception
- Regoli won’t seek recount in Westmoreland County judge election
- Pedestrian struck on East Crawford Avenue in Connellsville