Scorpion surprises shopper buying bananas at Wal-Mart
A Wal-Mart customer said a scorpion pinched his thumb when he reached into a box of bananas at a store in Scott.
The man, who asked not to be identified, wasn't stung and was uninjured.
Wal-Mart representative Betsy Harden said the company alerted its food safety team, produce suppliers and third-party pest control provider. She said the pest control team searched the rest of the bananas and the store and found no other problems.
“We believe this was an isolated incident,” she said.
Megan Guza is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Mon Valley called ‘ground zero’ for blight
- Steel Valley area youth attend water camp
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- Truck crashes into Dairy Queen, 6 injured in Penn Hills
- Shuey burger star of ‘bashes’
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry