Scorpion surprises shopper buying bananas at Wal-Mart
A Wal-Mart customer said a scorpion pinched his thumb when he reached into a box of bananas at a store in Scott.
The man, who asked not to be identified, wasn't stung and was uninjured.
Wal-Mart representative Betsy Harden said the company alerted its food safety team, produce suppliers and third-party pest control provider. She said the pest control team searched the rest of the bananas and the store and found no other problems.
“We believe this was an isolated incident,” she said.
Megan Guza is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Opening season away from home may be a good thing, Penguins say
- State closing Zelienople treatment facility after allegations of child sexual abuse
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Prudhomme, Louisiana chef who popularized Cajun food, dies at 75
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Murrysville council sends draft of fracking changes on for comment, modifies setback
- Former Pittsburgh mayoral candidate sentenced to prison for bogus 911 calls
- Marching bands descend on Baldwin High School for competition