Scorpion surprises shopper buying bananas at Wal-Mart
A Wal-Mart customer said a scorpion pinched his thumb when he reached into a box of bananas at a store in Scott.
The man, who asked not to be identified, wasn't stung and was uninjured.
Wal-Mart representative Betsy Harden said the company alerted its food safety team, produce suppliers and third-party pest control provider. She said the pest control team searched the rest of the bananas and the store and found no other problems.
“We believe this was an isolated incident,” she said.
Megan Guza is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- WVU notebook: Holgorsen expects similar effort
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- United Kingdom at risk, new poll finds
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets