Scorpion surprises shopper buying bananas at Wal-Mart
A Wal-Mart customer said a scorpion pinched his thumb when he reached into a box of bananas at a store in Scott.
The man, who asked not to be identified, wasn't stung and was uninjured.
Wal-Mart representative Betsy Harden said the company alerted its food safety team, produce suppliers and third-party pest control provider. She said the pest control team searched the rest of the bananas and the store and found no other problems.
“We believe this was an isolated incident,” she said.
Megan Guza is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-388-5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Megan Guza to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- PennDOT work to close lanes on Parkways
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson shooting
- Liberty Bridge inspections to close lanes
- Stocks stake claim in record territory
- Pa. bear hunters off to good start
- Hockey loses pair of legendary figures in Quinn, Tikhonov
- NFL notebook: Chiefs safety Berry may have lymphoma