Cause of McCandless fire under investigation
McCandless firefighters are unsure what caused a fire late Wednesday at a duplex in the 9000 block of Harmony Drive.
Craig Titley, second lieutenant with the Ingomar Volunteer Fire Co, said everyone in the building made it out safely, including the family dog. Titley said he believes the fire began in the garage, where a car was destroyed. The fire spread quickly, he said, but a fire wall that separated the units in the duplex kept it from spreading.
Highland, Ohio Township and Peebles fire companies, and a rapid intervention team, also responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers wrap lackluster preseason with loss to Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell faces former team, hurts leg
- Young adults drive home rental trend in Western Pennsylvania
- LaBar: Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts reportedly hospitalized
- DEP releases details of cases of drinking well contamination from drilling
- Government approves compromise on Corbett’s alternative Medicaid plan
- New Ken-Arnold board asked to mediate between football groups
- Man found in store parking lot not shooting victim, Pittsburgh police say
- Preseason valuable for Steelers’ offensive line
- Penguins confident Pouliot will be healthy, ready for camp
- Abercrombie name to shrink from clothing