Cause of McCandless fire under investigation
McCandless firefighters are unsure what caused a fire late Wednesday at a duplex in the 9000 block of Harmony Drive.
Craig Titley, second lieutenant with the Ingomar Volunteer Fire Co, said everyone in the building made it out safely, including the family dog. Titley said he believes the fire began in the garage, where a car was destroyed. The fire spread quickly, he said, but a fire wall that separated the units in the duplex kept it from spreading.
Highland, Ohio Township and Peebles fire companies, and a rapid intervention team, also responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Man barricaded in house near West Hempfield Elementary School
- Pirates cut 12, including outfielder Tabata and pitcher Lincoln
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Hays eagle egg breaks; unclear if chick was born
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- About face: Pirates’ Burnett now digging the shifts
- Sestak’s use of rank violates military’s code of ethics
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger