Cause of McCandless fire under investigation
McCandless firefighters are unsure what caused a fire late Wednesday at a duplex in the 9000 block of Harmony Drive.
Craig Titley, second lieutenant with the Ingomar Volunteer Fire Co, said everyone in the building made it out safely, including the family dog. Titley said he believes the fire began in the garage, where a car was destroyed. The fire spread quickly, he said, but a fire wall that separated the units in the duplex kept it from spreading.
Highland, Ohio Township and Peebles fire companies, and a rapid intervention team, also responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- Derry Township man killed in ATV crash
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.