Cause of McCandless fire under investigation
McCandless firefighters are unsure what caused a fire late Wednesday at a duplex in the 9000 block of Harmony Drive.
Craig Titley, second lieutenant with the Ingomar Volunteer Fire Co, said everyone in the building made it out safely, including the family dog. Titley said he believes the fire began in the garage, where a car was destroyed. The fire spread quickly, he said, but a fire wall that separated the units in the duplex kept it from spreading.
Highland, Ohio Township and Peebles fire companies, and a rapid intervention team, also responded.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with overtime victory
- Newbill scores 20 as Penn State holds off Drexel
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- ‘Cause for Paws’ telethon helps dogs find homes
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions
- Cat saved from California storm drain after 2 weeks
- Outdoors notices: Dec. 21, 2014