Aliquippa water main break disrupts service in Beaver County
The Aliquippa Water Authority brought in a contractor Sunday to help fix a broken water main in Aliquippa that disrupted water service there, in Raccoon and Potter and parts of Hopewell.
The break occurred on Tyler Street, and the Aliquippa Water Authority had to shut water off to drain lines to address the problem, said plant operator Don Anderson. He said he did not know the cause of the break, how many people are affected or how long it will take to fix it.
Stefanik Industries, based in Center in Beaver County, is helping address the problem.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’
- Penguins notebook: Crosby to play in worlds for 1st time since 2006
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Waynesburg HS grad Rachel Rohanna wins Symetra Tour event
- Man fatally stabbed in Braddock Hills
- Elites, media & character
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Fire at North Union industrial building ruled accidental
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired