Aliquippa water main break disrupts service in Beaver County
The Aliquippa Water Authority brought in a contractor Sunday to help fix a broken water main in Aliquippa that disrupted water service there, in Raccoon and Potter and parts of Hopewell.
The break occurred on Tyler Street, and the Aliquippa Water Authority had to shut water off to drain lines to address the problem, said plant operator Don Anderson. He said he did not know the cause of the break, how many people are affected or how long it will take to fix it.
Stefanik Industries, based in Center in Beaver County, is helping address the problem.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot