Penguins Foundation donates more than $786,000 to charity
The Pittsburgh Penguins Foundation donated more than $786,000 to nearly 60 local charities with the money raised from its 50/50 raffles on game nights this season, the foundation announced Tuesday.
Recipients include the Arthritis Foundation, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater PA, The Mentoring Partnership of Southwestern PA, World Vision, Pittsburgh Kids Foundation and the Children's Dyslexia Center of Western PA.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Harrison rejects criticism of disorderly conduct ordinance
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office