McCandless lawyer's body found in Mon River
The body of a missing North Hills personal injury lawyer was found Wednesday afternoon in the Monongahela River, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
The body of Martin E. Lazzaro, 54, of McCandless, who had been reported missing by family members on Tuesday, was spotted at 3:55 p.m. by a Pittsburgh River Rescue boat crew near the Homestead Grays Bridge, the spokesman said.
There was no immediate sign of foul play, but a ruling on a cause and manner of death will not be made until an autopsy, which is scheduled Thursday, investigators said.
The Lazzaro Law Center is located on McKnight Road in Ross. According to a biography on the website, Lazzaro graduated with honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering before graduating from the Duquesne University School of Law.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates third baseman Ramirez’s last ride is about winning a ring
- Steelers RB Archer trying to catch up after tough rookie season
- Steelers LB Timmons has grown into leadership role on defense
- Steelers notebook: Backup QB Gradkowski remains out with shoulder issue
- Dollars and sense: High cost of child care keeps many out of work force
- Former Cal U football player cleared of assault charges sues university, police, prosecutor
- ‘Real’ people, solutions at heart of GOP ad blitz in Pa.
- Gameday: Pirates at Twins, July 28, 2015
- Penguins to appear on national TV 18 times in 2015-16
- Ambridge’s PittMoss takes off with help from TV show, Mt. Lebanon native Cuban
- Rising East Liberty out of reach for Pittsburgh’s poor