McCandless lawyer's body found in Mon River
The body of a missing North Hills personal injury lawyer was found Wednesday afternoon in the Monongahela River, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
The body of Martin E. Lazzaro, 54, of McCandless, who had been reported missing by family members on Tuesday, was spotted at 3:55 p.m. by a Pittsburgh River Rescue boat crew near the Homestead Grays Bridge, the spokesman said.
There was no immediate sign of foul play, but a ruling on a cause and manner of death will not be made until an autopsy, which is scheduled Thursday, investigators said.
The Lazzaro Law Center is located on McKnight Road in Ross. According to a biography on the website, Lazzaro graduated with honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering before graduating from the Duquesne University School of Law.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Body found beneath Tarentum Bridge is jumper
- Pitt suspends cornerback Howard
- Steelers extend Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- NFL notebook: Goodell defends Rice’s 2-game suspension
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Police target 17 in Mon Valley drug investigation
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- 2 cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- With Spaling locked up, Penguins turn attention to signing Sutter
- Driver describes fireworks-spooked horse that struck SUV near fairgrounds