McCandless lawyer's body found in Mon River
The body of a missing North Hills personal injury lawyer was found Wednesday afternoon in the Monongahela River, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
The body of Martin E. Lazzaro, 54, of McCandless, who had been reported missing by family members on Tuesday, was spotted at 3:55 p.m. by a Pittsburgh River Rescue boat crew near the Homestead Grays Bridge, the spokesman said.
There was no immediate sign of foul play, but a ruling on a cause and manner of death will not be made until an autopsy, which is scheduled Thursday, investigators said.
The Lazzaro Law Center is located on McKnight Road in Ross. According to a biography on the website, Lazzaro graduated with honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering before graduating from the Duquesne University School of Law.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning News carries latest books by Boarts and Creel
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Penguins 4th line is showing promise
- Small Business Saturday events set in Connellsville
- Despite injuries, Penn State’s Nelson ‘thankful’
- Western Pa. students bristle at changing menu choices
- School lunch group hopes to revise rules it calls impractical, too restrictive
- Western Pa. dairies get creative to ensure eggnog supply
- Yahoo investors losing patience with ‘star’ CEO Marissa Mayer
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver