McCandless lawyer's body found in Mon River
The body of a missing North Hills personal injury lawyer was found Wednesday afternoon in the Monongahela River, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
The body of Martin E. Lazzaro, 54, of McCandless, who had been reported missing by family members on Tuesday, was spotted at 3:55 p.m. by a Pittsburgh River Rescue boat crew near the Homestead Grays Bridge, the spokesman said.
There was no immediate sign of foul play, but a ruling on a cause and manner of death will not be made until an autopsy, which is scheduled Thursday, investigators said.
The Lazzaro Law Center is located on McKnight Road in Ross. According to a biography on the website, Lazzaro graduated with honors from the University of Pittsburgh School of Engineering before graduating from the Duquesne University School of Law.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Trib Cup: North Allegheny, Blackhawk, Seton-La Salle, Vincentian lead winter standings
- Kiski Area Intermediate School band chosen to play at state conference
- Heinz merging with Kraft in mega-deal; headquarters to stay in Pittsburgh
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- New Kensington-Arnold School Board superintendent hangs on as board vote falls short
- Cops nab Donora assault suspect
- Harrison rape suspect awaiting trial accused of sexual contact with 6-year-old
- Donora demolishing former Fifth Street School
- Geibel softball excited for return after 4-year hiatus
- Former Kittanning hockey players raise bar at UPJ