Body found at Mercer County waste disposal site still unidentified
State police spent Thursday going through missing persons reports and searching a Mercer County waste disposal site for clues about a young woman whose body was dumped there earlier this week.
Trooper Ronald D. Kesten said police are still trying to identify the woman — believed to be between 16 and 25 years old — whose body was found about 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Tri-County Industries Inc. site along TCI Park Drive in Pine Township.
Kesten said investigators believe the body was dumped sometime after midnight Tuesday by one of the company's trucks, which collect trash from parts of northwestern Pennsylvania and northeastern Ohio.
Mercer County Coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III has not released the results of an autopsy conducted on Thursday.
Kesten described the woman as white, about 5 feet, 2 inches tall with long brown hair and pierced ears. She was wearing black yoga pants, a black tank top, green bra and white ankle socks with green trim.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Jury selection for Ferrante trial begins today
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’