Body found at Mercer County waste disposal site still unidentified
State police spent Thursday going through missing persons reports and searching a Mercer County waste disposal site for clues about a young woman whose body was dumped there earlier this week.
Trooper Ronald D. Kesten said police are still trying to identify the woman — believed to be between 16 and 25 years old — whose body was found about 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Tri-County Industries Inc. site along TCI Park Drive in Pine Township.
Kesten said investigators believe the body was dumped sometime after midnight Tuesday by one of the company's trucks, which collect trash from parts of northwestern Pennsylvania and northeastern Ohio.
Mercer County Coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III has not released the results of an autopsy conducted on Thursday.
Kesten described the woman as white, about 5 feet, 2 inches tall with long brown hair and pierced ears. She was wearing black yoga pants, a black tank top, green bra and white ankle socks with green trim.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Autistic twin men locked up in Maryland home
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Contractor shot, killed in Homewood
- Hollidaysburg native Lafferty relishing his chance with Penguins
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- WVU notebook: Mountaineers focus on ‘national recruiting’
- Duquesne signs 6-foot-5 guard Jackson
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU