Body found at Mercer County waste disposal site still unidentified
State police spent Thursday going through missing persons reports and searching a Mercer County waste disposal site for clues about a young woman whose body was dumped there earlier this week.
Trooper Ronald D. Kesten said police are still trying to identify the woman — believed to be between 16 and 25 years old — whose body was found about 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Tri-County Industries Inc. site along TCI Park Drive in Pine Township.
Kesten said investigators believe the body was dumped sometime after midnight Tuesday by one of the company's trucks, which collect trash from parts of northwestern Pennsylvania and northeastern Ohio.
Mercer County Coroner J. Bradley McGonigle III has not released the results of an autopsy conducted on Thursday.
Kesten described the woman as white, about 5 feet, 2 inches tall with long brown hair and pierced ears. She was wearing black yoga pants, a black tank top, green bra and white ankle socks with green trim.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Dormont man missing since Wednesday found dead at Station Square
- Ryan tosses 1-hitter as Hempfield wins 3rd WPIAL championship
- LaBar: Future of Rusey in WWE critical
- Police: Man riding bike in New Kensington strikes truck, dies
- Women’s resale boutique in Ross channels profits to animal charities
- Man uninjured after leap from Hulton Bridge
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- Comedian to headline Go Red for Women event in Pittsburgh
- Fashion FYI: RAW: Pittsburgh brings Splendor to Millvale
- Iran: Liberals’ nightmare