Sleeping Armstrong County man has rude awakening
An Armstrong County man escaped serious injury when a speeding car crashed on top of the vehicle he was sleeping in early Friday, Butler Township police said.
Amanda Doss, 36, of Lufkin, Texas, was speeding on Route 8 around 5:20 a.m. when her northbound car crossed four lanes, hit a couple of curbs, and flew into the air after hitting an embankment.
Doss' car crashed into the front windshield and roof of a minivan owned by Brian Kuhlman, 38, of South Bend, which was in the parking lot of Advance Auto Parts. Kuhlman is a delivery driver who was sleeping in the back of the minivan, police said.
Doss and Kuhlman suffered minor injuries, police said, but refused treatment. Doss was cited for reckless driving and speeding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Saudis arrest 88 accused of ties to al-Qaida
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Suit filed by 4 Cincinnati-area black students over expulsion
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan