Sleeping Armstrong County man has rude awakening
An Armstrong County man escaped serious injury when a speeding car crashed on top of the vehicle he was sleeping in early Friday, Butler Township police said.
Amanda Doss, 36, of Lufkin, Texas, was speeding on Route 8 around 5:20 a.m. when her northbound car crossed four lanes, hit a couple of curbs, and flew into the air after hitting an embankment.
Doss' car crashed into the front windshield and roof of a minivan owned by Brian Kuhlman, 38, of South Bend, which was in the parking lot of Advance Auto Parts. Kuhlman is a delivery driver who was sleeping in the back of the minivan, police said.
Doss and Kuhlman suffered minor injuries, police said, but refused treatment. Doss was cited for reckless driving and speeding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Pitt survives Oakland’s upset bid with 81-77 overtime victory
- Game Commission aims to settle controversy through study
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Star Hayward enjoys go-to role for St. Francis (Pa.)
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Frye: Early peek at 2015 seasons
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion
- Penguins missing Martin, Ehrhoff, Adams; prized prospect Pouliot called up
- ‘Collector’ exhibit shows another side of famed photographer Michals
- Service with a smile: Win at gift-giving with in-home indulgences