Sleeping Armstrong County man has rude awakening
An Armstrong County man escaped serious injury when a speeding car crashed on top of the vehicle he was sleeping in early Friday, Butler Township police said.
Amanda Doss, 36, of Lufkin, Texas, was speeding on Route 8 around 5:20 a.m. when her northbound car crossed four lanes, hit a couple of curbs, and flew into the air after hitting an embankment.
Doss' car crashed into the front windshield and roof of a minivan owned by Brian Kuhlman, 38, of South Bend, which was in the parking lot of Advance Auto Parts. Kuhlman is a delivery driver who was sleeping in the back of the minivan, police said.
Doss and Kuhlman suffered minor injuries, police said, but refused treatment. Doss was cited for reckless driving and speeding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Icy roads slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years