Sleeping Armstrong County man has rude awakening
An Armstrong County man escaped serious injury when a speeding car crashed on top of the vehicle he was sleeping in early Friday, Butler Township police said.
Amanda Doss, 36, of Lufkin, Texas, was speeding on Route 8 around 5:20 a.m. when her northbound car crossed four lanes, hit a couple of curbs, and flew into the air after hitting an embankment.
Doss' car crashed into the front windshield and roof of a minivan owned by Brian Kuhlman, 38, of South Bend, which was in the parking lot of Advance Auto Parts. Kuhlman is a delivery driver who was sleeping in the back of the minivan, police said.
Doss and Kuhlman suffered minor injuries, police said, but refused treatment. Doss was cited for reckless driving and speeding.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Police arrest 4 in Pitcairn drug investigation
- First Draft: Beer lovers at CoStar take the time to brew it right
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot sought to ‘destroy’ the plane
- Review: ‘Wild Tales’ sinks its teeth into 6 tales of revenge
- Putin’s sure Russia wins tug-of-war with West
- Spring check-up: Gingham is this season’s fashion favorite
- Blast collapses NYC apartments, injures 12