Apartments planned on Fifth Avenue in Hill District
A seven-story, 74-unit apartment complex is planned on what is now a parking lot on Fifth Avenue in the city's Hill District.
Castlebrook Development, Downtown, has agreed to buy the five-lot tract, from 1625 to 1641 Fifth Ave., to build the $14 million project.
The building will contain 52 interior parking spaces and about 30 interior bicycle parking pads, said Pat Nardelli, a partner.
Nardelli said the successful conversion of the former Fifth Avenue High School into 65 loft apartments encouraged him to pursue his project.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport