Ross man drowns in Hawaii
A Ross man drowned last week while swimming in a cave in Hawaii, authorities said.
Joshua William Sterling, 27, died June 20 in Kauai in the Waikapala'e Cave, known as the Blue Room. Sterling was swimming with three other people just before 3 p.m. when he got into trouble and went under water, Kauai police said.
Sterling's body was pulled from the water about an hour later. It was Kauai's third drowning of the year, police said.
Police spokeswoman Sarah Blane said the cave is on the north shore of the island and can only be accessed by swimming and diving.
Friends will be received from 2 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Simons Funeral Home Inc., 7720 Perry Highway, Ross.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John Neumann Parish, 2230 Rochester Road, Franklin Park.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Tuesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot