Ross man drowns in Hawaii
A Ross man drowned last week while swimming in a cave in Hawaii, authorities said.
Joshua William Sterling, 27, died June 20 in Kauai in the Waikapala'e Cave, known as the Blue Room. Sterling was swimming with three other people just before 3 p.m. when he got into trouble and went under water, Kauai police said.
Sterling's body was pulled from the water about an hour later. It was Kauai's third drowning of the year, police said.
Police spokeswoman Sarah Blane said the cave is on the north shore of the island and can only be accessed by swimming and diving.
Friends will be received from 2 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Simons Funeral Home Inc., 7720 Perry Highway, Ross.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John Neumann Parish, 2230 Rochester Road, Franklin Park.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- New York father kils 3 generations of family, himself
- Woman killed in Washington Township crash
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Power 5 conferences’ paying cost of attendance worries schools large and small
- Tough times are in past for Pitt senior guard Kiesel
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- 1st Jewish MIss America’s scandal ended political career
- State’s no-bid contracts with private law firms prompt scrutiny