Ross man drowns in Hawaii
A Ross man drowned last week while swimming in a cave in Hawaii, authorities said.
Joshua William Sterling, 27, died June 20 in Kauai in the Waikapala'e Cave, known as the Blue Room. Sterling was swimming with three other people just before 3 p.m. when he got into trouble and went under water, Kauai police said.
Sterling's body was pulled from the water about an hour later. It was Kauai's third drowning of the year, police said.
Police spokeswoman Sarah Blane said the cave is on the north shore of the island and can only be accessed by swimming and diving.
Friends will be received from 2 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Simons Funeral Home Inc., 7720 Perry Highway, Ross.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John Neumann Parish, 2230 Rochester Road, Franklin Park.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Just wait until Ben comes back
- Pittsburgh considering self-insured health benefits to cut costs
- Tomlin on Bell’s late TD: ‘We were going to go for it’
- A farewell party for the Greenfield Bridge, then the headaches that follow
- Penguins notebook: Young and old embrace uniqueness of home opener
- Bell’s last-second TD lifts Steelers over Chargers
- Steelers defense displays resiliency in victory over Chargers
- Sisters of St. Francis of the Providence of God sell 33-acre Whitehall home
- Kicker Julius likely to keep his job, PSU’s Franklin says
- Home invader shot, killed in Mt. Washington
- Suspect recaptured after escaping custody at UPMC McKeesport