Ross man drowns in Hawaii
A Ross man drowned last week while swimming in a cave in Hawaii, authorities said.
Joshua William Sterling, 27, died June 20 in Kauai in the Waikapala'e Cave, known as the Blue Room. Sterling was swimming with three other people just before 3 p.m. when he got into trouble and went under water, Kauai police said.
Sterling's body was pulled from the water about an hour later. It was Kauai's third drowning of the year, police said.
Police spokeswoman Sarah Blane said the cave is on the north shore of the island and can only be accessed by swimming and diving.
Friends will be received from 2 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Simons Funeral Home Inc., 7720 Perry Highway, Ross.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John Neumann Parish, 2230 Rochester Road, Franklin Park.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Pa. Senate’s top leader backs liquor privatization bill
- Police intercept drug courier returning to Western Pennsylvania with 316 bricks of heroin
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- Expert: Plum district’s silence about sex allegations could erode trust
- Monongahela man gets 18 to 36 years for kidnapping, rape and torture of 21-year-old woman
- Plum triumphs in meeting of section leaders
- Authorities investigating as many as 20 dogs found dead in Hopewell
- Woman struck by foul ball in ‘horrid’ scene at Pirates game
- Hyde Park woman will stand trial on charges she had sex with a teenage boy
- Man to stand trial on molestation charges at day care