Suspect in fatal Homewood bar shooting arrested
A man accused of shooting a bar patron to death and wounding four others was arrested Wednesday morning inside a residence in Homewood by members of the U.S. Marshals Western Pennsylvania Fugitive Task Force.
Cornell Poindexter, 28, is charged with homicide and related crimes for the slaying on March 1 of Vincent Edward Holt Jr., 27, of Homewood, who died inside the Rendezvous Phase III bar in the 7200 block of Hamilton Avenue.
Poindexter was arrested without incident in the 6800 block of Rowan Street, said Jon Gallagher, supervisory deputy marshal. Officers also found two handguns and approximately one ounce of crack cocaine at the home, Gallagher said.
Pittsburgh police said when they responded to initial calls of the shooting inside the bar about 1:20 a.m., patrons were fleeing from the scene. Holt was found dead inside the bar. None of the other injuries were life-threatening, police said.
Police have not said what prompted the shooting.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Identity of Route 30 suicide victim revealed
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- Man dies in jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Firefighter hurt in 3-alarm fire at Jefferson Hills restaurant
- Poll shows Clinton slipping in trustworthiness among voters
- Pennsylvania religious freedom law does not extend to for-profits
- Hornqvist’s net-front presence with Penguins could be valuable asset
- Chick’s Bar in McKeesport catches fire
- Big names highlight Three Rivers Arts Festival’s 2015 musical lineup
- Expert to discuss the warning signs of fraud in Mon Valley stop