Police investigating chemicals stolen from CCAC lab
Police are trying to determine who stole chemicals from a laboratory at the Community College of Allegheny County on the North Side, officials said Wednesday.
Pittsburgh Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said an inventory revealed that chemicals were missing, however, she couldn't say what chemicals were taken.
“It has not been determined yet,” she said.
A CCAC spokeswoman reached Wednesday afternoon said she was looking into the matter.
A CCAC employee noticed that the door to a fifth floor lab in the K. Leroy Irvis Science Center was propped open Tuesday morning, Toler said. It appeared someone had improperly used chemicals in the lab. Investigators are working with the school to determine what chemicals were taken, Toler said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Health staffing company settles federal complaint it discriminated against HIV positive job applicant
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Researchers at Pennsylvania’s top universities take to the web to fund projects
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Penguins notebook: Winning home games crucial for Penguins
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina