Police investigating chemicals stolen from CCAC lab
Police are trying to determine who stole chemicals from a laboratory at the Community College of Allegheny County on the North Side, officials said Wednesday.
Pittsburgh Public Safety spokeswoman Sonya Toler said an inventory revealed that chemicals were missing, however, she couldn't say what chemicals were taken.
“It has not been determined yet,” she said.
A CCAC spokeswoman reached Wednesday afternoon said she was looking into the matter.
A CCAC employee noticed that the door to a fifth floor lab in the K. Leroy Irvis Science Center was propped open Tuesday morning, Toler said. It appeared someone had improperly used chemicals in the lab. Investigators are working with the school to determine what chemicals were taken, Toler said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Explosion claims life of garage owner
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cellphone thrown out
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- WPIAL AAAA boys basketball preview: Runners-up last season, North Allegheny hopes to take next step
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Duquesne basketball tops Western Kentucky to win consolation bracket
- For some, pathway to Thanksgiving often bumpy
- Warhol bridge closed as police investigate unattended bag