Boy, 3, in fair condition after hit-and-run in Troy Hill
Pittsburgh police are investigating a hit-and-run that sent a 3-year-old boy to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville, where he is in fair condition.
The incident occurred about 3:15 p.m. in the 1500 block of Hatteras Street in Troy Hill, police said, when the toddler wandered into the street and walked into the back end of a passing vehicle. Witnesses were unable to give a clear description of the car, police said. Investigators said it is possible the driver may not have realized what had happened.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Southbound McKnight Road closed for power line repairs
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Fallingwater among Wright buildings nominated for World Heritage List
- Pa. Turnpike claims software fraud, wants $45M
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- Voters opt for ‘Don’t Know’ in 2016 presidential race, poll finds
- Iraqi libraries ransacked
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through