Neighbor arrested, charged in stabbing, death of resident in Pittsburgh's Brookline neighborhood
Police arrested a Brookline man on Saturday in connection with the stabbing death of his next-door neighbor.
Christopher Richardson, 44, of Pioneer Avenue has been charged with homicide and robbery, police said.
Alan Krupitzer, 75, who was found dead on the floor of his residence, had been stabbed several times, police said.
Police received a call about 11:15 a.m. from a man who said he could not get into his residence in the 2300 block of Pioneer Avenue, but he could see his roommate unresponsive on the floor. The man made the call from a nearby Sunoco gas station.
Officers forced open the door and found Krupitzer.
The home is in a two-story, red brick dwelling on a busy but otherwise peaceful Brookline street.
Some neighbors said they heard a loud argument between 8:30 and 9 a.m. but were not sure if it was coming from the house.
Russell Eble, a retired Army lieutenant colonel, said people in the neighborhood keep alert for altercations and other signs of trouble.
“We kind of all look out for each other out here,” he said.
His wife, Christine, said they heard raised voices but no cries for help or other indications something was wrong.
The victim was one of four men who lived in the house, police said.
Brian Bowling is a staff writer for Total Trib Media. He can be reached at 412-325-4301 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millennials
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since discrimination lawsuit
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- More pipelines proposed to carry Marcellus gas to southeast markets
- Highmark denies premiums in federal insurance marketplaces affected by level of competition
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Trac Fabrication all-terrain wheelchairs open world for disabled