Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Pirates notebook: Bucs unlikely to make trade before deadline
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Rossi: Cole perfect pitcher to start pivotal series for Pirates
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather
- Pitt notebook: Panthers defense responds to questions with shutout
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Americans detained in North Korea call for US help
- Western Pennsylvania workers’ names echo different career paths
- Former Clairton, Pitt cornerback Coles enrolls at Duquesne