Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- IRS cybersecurity breach touches lives of homebuyers, others
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Ex-S. Allegheny teacher held on sex assault counts
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak
- Propel sixth-graders chronicle McKeesport history for younger peers
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- Ford City told to correct problems with pension plan language
- Primary write-in votes tabulated in Armstrong County
- McKeesport Area poised to close East End Academy