Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Golfer’s body found in lake at Moon country club
- Alvarez, Cole lead Pirates past Marlins
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Pitt freshman O’Neill eats up switch to tackle
- Pennsylvania warming to bring ‘profound’ changes, Penn State report says
- Two flown from Bullskin accident scene
- NFL notebook: RG3 evades concussion questions, cleared to play
- Gorman: Don’t judge WPIAL by the cover
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic