Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- 5 arrested on firearm, drug charges in Spring Hill
- Derry water outage may be resolved by 5 p.m. Sunday, authority says
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- Boy with fake gun dies after being shot by Cleveland cop
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Allegheny County adoption event joins 40 children with families
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Need for new community college in Northwestern Pennsylvania questioned