Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Two wild-card format hurting Pirates in short term
- Pitt men’s basketball adds junior-college guard
- Starkey: The kick returner and the grizzly bear
- Animal activists targeting Vick at Steelers preseason game
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Risks don’t get any better as online dating prospers
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Honored Westmoreland youth counselor sought in theft of money from clients
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Pitt defense is entering new season with something to prove
- God is touchy topic in ICU, Pitt study finds