Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Road trip increases in difficulty
- Agent: Polamalu undecided whether to play in 2015
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Mt. Lebanon deer-culling corrals sprayed with urine, repellent
- Police looking for man they say assaulted a 13-year-old girl
- Starkey: In defense of Mel Kiper Jr.
- Loose barges on the Mon highlight woes of winter’s end
- Parkway East closure lifted after truck with loose load of coils forces detour
- Audit: Pitt oversight of youth camp staff backgrounds spotty
- Penguins forwards struggle in loss to Avalanche
- EF’s Fournier emerges from prelims at PIAA Class AA tournament