Vehicle containing body located in Chartiers Creek, McKees Rocks
Rescuers recovered a vehicle containing a man's body from rain-swollen Chartiers Creek on Saturday in McKees Rocks, Allegheny County dispatchers said.
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office identified the man as Frank Anthony Cieslak, 62, of McKees Rocks. An autopsy will be conducted Sunday.
Creek Road resident Ed Wurms said his son, also named Ed, spotted weeds crushed down between the road and the creek after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The two men investigated and found the light-colored vehicle, which they believe belonged to their neighbor.
“That's the deepest part of the creek, right at the bend,” Wurms said of the spot where the white SUV was submerged. Tall weeds along the road block the view of the creek.
A different neighbor said the creek had been high from recent rains but just started to drop.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates, Worley edge Brewers, 1-0, move to cusp of playoffs
- Pirates notebook: Bucs set single-season attendance record
- How to take good care of kitchen appliances
- Ex-etiquette: As kids age, consider change in visitation schedule
- Duquesne Light hires new operations vice president
- Woodlands Foundation toasts FedEx Ground volunteers at Butterfly Ball
- Sole Highlands HS twirler follows in grandmother’s footsteps
- Concept Art sale is big on local big-name artists
- Police say rifle carried by suspect in state trooper ambush found
- West Virginia notebook: Oklahoma run game proves too much
- 10 things to know about ‘Book of Mormon’