Fire sweeps through two houses in Rankin
Fire gutted two houses on Saturday on North Holland Avenue in Rankin.
Dozens of firefighters from Rankin, Braddock, North Braddock, Whitaker, Munhall and Forest Hills responded to the fire reported around 4 p.m. They had it under control about an hour later. No injuries were reported.
The fire appears to have started in 16 N. Holland Ave., and spread next door to 14 N. Holland Ave., Rankin police said. Allegheny County fire marshals are investigating.
Families and friends consoled the residents of both houses. The homeowners declined comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Fatal fire under investigation in New Castle
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- New York farmers lament lost opportunity for gas riches
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Harmar-based company’s expansion into Tarentum adds jobs
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades