Fire sweeps through two houses in Rankin
Fire gutted two houses on Saturday on North Holland Avenue in Rankin.
Dozens of firefighters from Rankin, Braddock, North Braddock, Whitaker, Munhall and Forest Hills responded to the fire reported around 4 p.m. They had it under control about an hour later. No injuries were reported.
The fire appears to have started in 16 N. Holland Ave., and spread next door to 14 N. Holland Ave., Rankin police said. Allegheny County fire marshals are investigating.
Families and friends consoled the residents of both houses. The homeowners declined comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Linebackers on the spot against Saints offense
- Penguins notebook: Johnston calls Quinn ‘phenomenal’ coach, person
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Liberty Bridge inspections to close lanes
- Pitt football notebook: Athletic department seeking fans’ input
- Grand jury reaches decision in Ferguson shooting
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- NFL notebook: Chiefs safety Berry may have lymphoma
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- Goal of political process is not to create a government that works