Fire sweeps through two houses in Rankin
Fire gutted two houses on Saturday on North Holland Avenue in Rankin.
Dozens of firefighters from Rankin, Braddock, North Braddock, Whitaker, Munhall and Forest Hills responded to the fire reported around 4 p.m. They had it under control about an hour later. No injuries were reported.
The fire appears to have started in 16 N. Holland Ave., and spread next door to 14 N. Holland Ave., Rankin police said. Allegheny County fire marshals are investigating.
Families and friends consoled the residents of both houses. The homeowners declined comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire Soria from Tigers
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin says Latrobe session won’t differ from normal practice
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment
- Police search for missing 7-year-old
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed dangerous homicide suspect
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Obama nominates 3 judges for federal bench in Pittsburgh
- China says U.S. trying to militarize South China Sea
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- India hangs man who raised funds in support of 1993’s deadly Mumbai bombings