Woman drowns in Beaver River
A 29-year-old woman drowned in the Beaver River Saturday, according to Beaver Falls police.
The woman was with other people when she walked into the river about 30 minutes past noon and was pulled under by the current, police said.
The police have not released her identity or any other details of the incident.
The drowning occurred in an area with no nearby bridges or roads, police said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Tabata rediscovering his power
- Pirates sickened by pic of ‘Jihadi John’ wearing Bucs ball cap
- AG Kane’s spokesman leaving after 2 months on the job
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi
- Seton-La Salle girls defeat rival Bishop Canevin to capture 7th WPIAL title
- Highmark lays off nearly 100 workers, mostly in IT, as membership declines
- Why would GOP candidate for Missouri governor Schweich kill himself?
- Podiatrist, 6 others charged in prescription painkiller scheme
- Obama pitches privacy bill, Democrats say
- Rep. Schock of Illinois shoulders $40K cost of office renovation
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins competition among bottom six