Mt. Washington girl, 15, shot in her shoulder
Pittsburgh police are investigating why a Mt. Washington teenager showed up at UPMC Mercy early Sunday with a gunshot wound to her right shoulder.
The victim, 15, told police at the hospital shortly before 2 a.m. that she was walking with two friends near a 7-Eleven store on Brookline Boulevard when she was shot.
911 dispatchers had received calls of shots fired in the 2300 block of Edgebrook Avenue in Brookline at about the same time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage pursuing Warner
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Parking Authority settles suit over kiosks
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Bethel Park mortgage broker pleads guilty
- Pirates’ Polanco runs into rookie wall
- Trial opens in case of man shot, paralyzed during traffic stop altercation