Mt. Washington girl, 15, shot in her shoulder
Pittsburgh police are investigating why a Mt. Washington teenager showed up at UPMC Mercy early Sunday with a gunshot wound to her right shoulder.
The victim, 15, told police at the hospital shortly before 2 a.m. that she was walking with two friends near a 7-Eleven store on Brookline Boulevard when she was shot.
911 dispatchers had received calls of shots fired in the 2300 block of Edgebrook Avenue in Brookline at about the same time.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- Inside The Steelers: LB Williams dominates backs-on-backers drill at Latrobe Memorial Stadium
- Comets hold life building blocks
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- $2-per-gallon gas expected by year’s end, but not in Western Pa.
- LaBar: Piper’s influence can’t be understated
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- 2014 showing has Steelers RB Harris confident he belongs
- Gameday: Pirates at Cincinnati, Aug. 1, 2015