Drowning victim identified as Beaver Falls woman
A woman who drowned Saturday in the Beaver River has been identified as Pheran Hoschar, 29, of Beaver Falls, said Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi.
“She is a nonswimmer, and was in the wading part in the river, and the river dropped 14 feet,” Tatalovich-Rossi said Sunday.
The incident occurred about 12:30 p.m. Saturday. Her companions tried unsuccessfully to save her. The Beaver Falls Fire Department Diving Team recovered her body about two hours after being called.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Overnight snow delaying schools in western Pennsylvania
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- 3 in Westmoreland charged in painkiller ring
- Beloved North Side gardener gets new truck, paid for by her neighbors
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Rossi: In Super city, everything but football matters
- Consol Energy posts $74M profit in fourth quarter