Drowning victim identified as Beaver Falls woman
A woman who drowned Saturday in the Beaver River has been identified as Pheran Hoschar, 29, of Beaver Falls, said Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi.
“She is a nonswimmer, and was in the wading part in the river, and the river dropped 14 feet,” Tatalovich-Rossi said Sunday.
The incident occurred about 12:30 p.m. Saturday. Her companions tried unsuccessfully to save her. The Beaver Falls Fire Department Diving Team recovered her body about two hours after being called.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Duquesne Light workers find decomposing body
- Woman dead in three-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- State overseers reject Mayor Bill Peduto’s 2015 city budget
- 550 W.Va. coal miners failed drug tests in two years
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- City suspending trash collection Tuesday to honor slain worker
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- County investigators determine fatal McKeesport fire started in living room