Accident on West End Bridge injures six people
An accident near the West End Bridge Sunday critically injured one person and seriously injured five. Sonya Toler, Pittsburgh public safety spokeswoman, said a Ford F-150 pickup truck was speeding through a green light across the bridge about noon when it collided with a sedan that went through a red light off Carson Street. A woman who was driving the Chevy Malibu had to be extricated and was taken to Allegheny General Hospital in critical condition. The five people in the truck went to UPMC Mercy in serious condition.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates fall short at trade deadline
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Zappala disputes public safety director’s statement on police ID policy
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- Shooting investigation leads to large marijuana grow in Monessen
- Spaling, Penguins agree to $4.4 million deal
- Sunoco Logistics’ 300-mile pipeline dealt setback
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Man who recruited the homeless to cash forged checks at PNC sentenced
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown