Ross commissioners OK 149-unit luxury apartment complex near Ross Park Mall
A 149-unit luxury apartment building is going up near Ross Park Mall off McKnight Road.
The seven-story building, dubbed The Cosmopolitan at Ross Park, will have one- and two-bedroom apartments, a fitness center, lounge and rooftop terrace. It will be built on a 4-acre lot at the corner of McKnight East and Cheryl drives.
Ross commissioners approved plans for the project on Monday night.
“This project by far raises the bar for rental living in Ross Township, and I'll even go as far to say Allegheny County,” said Larry Dorsch, a partner in Carnegie-based developer Real Estate Development Associates.
Dorsch said the apartment building would be the first real estate development of its kind in Ross in 30 years.
Developers estimate apartment rents will be between $1,300 and $1,700 a month. Construction is expected to start in mid-fall. It will take about 18 months to complete, Dorsch said.
“This is, I think, going to be a great improvement for Ross,” Commissioner Jeremy Shaffer said. “It's badly needed.”
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6353 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- Pirates stumble in bid for sweep, lose to Giants, 7-5
- Steelers to retire Joe Greene’s jersey number
- Allegheny County jail guard can’t claim discrimination, judge rules
- Teen allegedly drunk at time of police chase, crash
- Pirates’ Alvarez continues to sit, work on throwing woes
- 30 cited for blocking street at union rally
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Penn State gets verbal commitment from Maryland defensive end
- Stowaway’s access to Air Force plane eyed
- Harrison woman burned in trailer fire