Ross commissioners OK 149-unit luxury apartment complex near Ross Park Mall
A 149-unit luxury apartment building is going up near Ross Park Mall off McKnight Road.
The seven-story building, dubbed The Cosmopolitan at Ross Park, will have one- and two-bedroom apartments, a fitness center, lounge and rooftop terrace. It will be built on a 4-acre lot at the corner of McKnight East and Cheryl drives.
Ross commissioners approved plans for the project on Monday night.
“This project by far raises the bar for rental living in Ross Township, and I'll even go as far to say Allegheny County,” said Larry Dorsch, a partner in Carnegie-based developer Real Estate Development Associates.
Dorsch said the apartment building would be the first real estate development of its kind in Ross in 30 years.
Developers estimate apartment rents will be between $1,300 and $1,700 a month. Construction is expected to start in mid-fall. It will take about 18 months to complete, Dorsch said.
“This is, I think, going to be a great improvement for Ross,” Commissioner Jeremy Shaffer said. “It's badly needed.”
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6353 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Mt. Pleasant area man dies following police chase
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Giants’ Crawford makes history with slam
- Familiar format focuses on journey to Yesteryear visit
- West Virginia man dies from injuries sustained in chemical explosion
- Leader Times high roundup: Freeport girls soccer team makes playoffs
- Canadian company wins bid for casino
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans