Ross commissioners OK 149-unit luxury apartment complex near Ross Park Mall
A 149-unit luxury apartment building is going up near Ross Park Mall off McKnight Road.
The seven-story building, dubbed The Cosmopolitan at Ross Park, will have one- and two-bedroom apartments, a fitness center, lounge and rooftop terrace. It will be built on a 4-acre lot at the corner of McKnight East and Cheryl drives.
Ross commissioners approved plans for the project on Monday night.
“This project by far raises the bar for rental living in Ross Township, and I'll even go as far to say Allegheny County,” said Larry Dorsch, a partner in Carnegie-based developer Real Estate Development Associates.
Dorsch said the apartment building would be the first real estate development of its kind in Ross in 30 years.
Developers estimate apartment rents will be between $1,300 and $1,700 a month. Construction is expected to start in mid-fall. It will take about 18 months to complete, Dorsch said.
“This is, I think, going to be a great improvement for Ross,” Commissioner Jeremy Shaffer said. “It's badly needed.”
Kelsey Shea is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 724-772-6353 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT to replace drivers licenses issued since November without proper security features
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- Crews clean up ore spilled from train derailment in Butler County
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- Penguins finally find way to beat Capitals
- Steelers restructure Gilbert, Mitchell contracts; Pouncey close
- Pennsylvania House passes liquor system privatization bill
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- School aide accused of throwing shoe at Penn-Trafford special-needs student, causing brush burn
- Federal grand jury indicts chief operations manager for Pittsburgh office of Horizons Hospice