Bridgeville woman killed in crash on I-70 in Washington County
A Bridgeville woman died Friday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving overturned in Washington County, the coroner said.
Mary L. Campbell, 71, was driving east along Interstate 70 about 12:15 p.m. near the so-called south junction with Interstate 79 when the vehicle went into the median after traveling around a slight bend in the roadway and overturned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Campbell, the lone occupant of the vehicle, was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned.
The crash caused backups in both directions of I-70 and along the northbound lanes of I-79.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Arziona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- CT scans can find smokers’ lung cancer early
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- Charity wants donors to knit and purl for animal shelters
- Stores creating Thanksgiving dine-and-dash dilemma