Bridgeville woman killed in crash on I-70 in Washington County
A Bridgeville woman died Friday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving overturned in Washington County, the coroner said.
Mary L. Campbell, 71, was driving east along Interstate 70 about 12:15 p.m. near the so-called south junction with Interstate 79 when the vehicle went into the median after traveling around a slight bend in the roadway and overturned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Campbell, the lone occupant of the vehicle, was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned.
The crash caused backups in both directions of I-70 and along the northbound lanes of I-79.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers’ tarnished Bell rings true
- Plum teacher held for trial on charges of witness intimidation
- Tomlin gives suggestion Steelers won’t be shy about going for 2
- UPMC offering buyouts to 3,500 employees in cost-cutting move
- Vandals ruin Ligonier Township farmers’ garden
- Pirates notebook: Struggling Polanco held out of starting lineup
- Police question resident in Latrobe apartment house fire
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison open for larger role
- Pittsburgh shortens the party for Chesney fans
- Hines Ward appearing on ‘Celebrity Wife Swap’
- Soccer officials arrested in Zurich; World Cup votes probed