Bridgeville woman killed in crash on I-70 in Washington County
A Bridgeville woman died Friday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving overturned in Washington County, the coroner said.
Mary L. Campbell, 71, was driving east along Interstate 70 about 12:15 p.m. near the so-called south junction with Interstate 79 when the vehicle went into the median after traveling around a slight bend in the roadway and overturned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Campbell, the lone occupant of the vehicle, was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned.
The crash caused backups in both directions of I-70 and along the northbound lanes of I-79.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- PennDOT team decides what spells trouble on vehicle license plates
- Pirates get journeyman Ishikawa off waivers; outfielder Marte injured
- Alvarez homer triggers winning outburst for Pirates
- Woman shot at Kennywood Park in ‘freak accident’
- McIlroy, world’s No. 1 golfer, injures ankle playing soccer
- Westmoreland County on pace to surpass record for drug-related fatalities
- Bookings for August Wilson Center climb, but permanent board yet to be set
- Bombs at mosque, restaurant in central Nigerian city kill 44
- Outdoors notebook: Hunters prepare to enter elk raffle
- Film shares tale of Pittsburgh man who turned disability into career
- Ex-teammates say Kessel unfairly criticized