Bridgeville woman killed in crash on I-70 in Washington County
A Bridgeville woman died Friday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving overturned in Washington County, the coroner said.
Mary L. Campbell, 71, was driving east along Interstate 70 about 12:15 p.m. near the so-called south junction with Interstate 79 when the vehicle went into the median after traveling around a slight bend in the roadway and overturned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Campbell, the lone occupant of the vehicle, was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned.
The crash caused backups in both directions of I-70 and along the northbound lanes of I-79.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- NFL notebook: Raiders name Sparano interim coach
- I-79 line painting begins Thursday
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Animal Friends receives $1.5 million state grant
- Virginia kicker says parents preached commitment
- Shareholders cheer eBay’s decision to spin off PayPal
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Public station WQED cutting staff in face of financial woes
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic
- Feds say $100M in data hacked