Bridgeville woman killed in crash on I-70 in Washington County
A Bridgeville woman died Friday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving overturned in Washington County, the coroner said.
Mary L. Campbell, 71, was driving east along Interstate 70 about 12:15 p.m. near the so-called south junction with Interstate 79 when the vehicle went into the median after traveling around a slight bend in the roadway and overturned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Campbell, the lone occupant of the vehicle, was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned.
The crash caused backups in both directions of I-70 and along the northbound lanes of I-79.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Offense awakens to lead Steelers past Panthers
- Washington County investment broker admits fraud
- Port Authority bus drives over embankment; driver only one aboard
- Rossi: State of NFL gives Steelers a chance
- Charges dropped against homeless man found in presidential suite of Downtown hotel
- Peduto’s first budget proposal seeks to increase property tax rate
- Extras sought for Will Smith movie filming in Pittsburgh
- Connellsville’s Mozart Music Club to celebrate 95th anniversary
- Former manager of Consol’s land office charged with 60 counts of mail fraud
- Tuesday - Sept. 22, 2014
- Steelers notebook: Rooney says owners support Goodell