Bridgeville woman killed in crash on I-70 in Washington County
A Bridgeville woman died Friday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving overturned in Washington County, the coroner said.
Mary L. Campbell, 71, was driving east along Interstate 70 about 12:15 p.m. near the so-called south junction with Interstate 79 when the vehicle went into the median after traveling around a slight bend in the roadway and overturned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Campbell, the lone occupant of the vehicle, was partially ejected and pronounced dead at the scene. An autopsy is planned.
The crash caused backups in both directions of I-70 and along the northbound lanes of I-79.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Century III Mall’s Sears on track to close Dec. 7
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Parade to start off Winterfest in Glassport
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Food bank CEO hopeful of tax break for donors
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Obama administration announces plan to limit smog-forming ozone
- No federal funds to help enforce Pa. ban on texting by drivers