Fire contained at Consol gas well pump station in Greene County
There were no injuries in a fire that erupted Monday afternoon at a gas well pump station in Greene County.
The fire was reported around 3:30 p.m. at Consol Energy's Green Hill 11 pad gas production unit along Lightner Run Road in Center Township, west of Waynesburg, county emergency dispatchers said.
Workers turned off the supply of natural gas to the pump station and the fire extinguished itself, said John Poister, a spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Protection. Firefighters cooled the site and were on the scene for less than two hours, he said.
“All four wells on site have been safely shut in and secured,” according to a statement from Kate O'Donovan, Consol's manager of corporate communications.
The DEP is investigating, Poister said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Pitt’s Boyd waives right to preliminary hearing
- Dragon boat competition canceled at Three Rivers Regatta
- Second Pa. friar commits suicide from order under investigation in sex abuse scandal
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- FBI searching for Homestead man indicted for sex trafficking in children
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Hill District widow sues dialysis clinic for husband’s death
- Marinucci sentenced to life in prison with no parole
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores