Fire contained at Consol gas well pump station in Greene County
There were no injuries in a fire that erupted Monday afternoon at a gas well pump station in Greene County.
The fire was reported around 3:30 p.m. at Consol Energy's Green Hill 11 pad gas production unit along Lightner Run Road in Center Township, west of Waynesburg, county emergency dispatchers said.
Workers turned off the supply of natural gas to the pump station and the fire extinguished itself, said John Poister, a spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Protection. Firefighters cooled the site and were on the scene for less than two hours, he said.
“All four wells on site have been safely shut in and secured,” according to a statement from Kate O'Donovan, Consol's manager of corporate communications.
The DEP is investigating, Poister said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title