Fire contained at Consol gas well pump station in Greene County
There were no injuries in a fire that erupted Monday afternoon at a gas well pump station in Greene County.
The fire was reported around 3:30 p.m. at Consol Energy's Green Hill 11 pad gas production unit along Lightner Run Road in Center Township, west of Waynesburg, county emergency dispatchers said.
Workers turned off the supply of natural gas to the pump station and the fire extinguished itself, said John Poister, a spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Protection. Firefighters cooled the site and were on the scene for less than two hours, he said.
“All four wells on site have been safely shut in and secured,” according to a statement from Kate O'Donovan, Consol's manager of corporate communications.
The DEP is investigating, Poister said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Sale of Deflategate chocolate football nets $20K for charity
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Crash closes Pittsburgh Street in Springdale
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- 5-year-old boy needed for ‘Let It Snow’ role