Fire contained at Consol gas well pump station in Greene County
There were no injuries in a fire that erupted Monday afternoon at a gas well pump station in Greene County.
The fire was reported around 3:30 p.m. at Consol Energy's Green Hill 11 pad gas production unit along Lightner Run Road in Center Township, west of Waynesburg, county emergency dispatchers said.
Workers turned off the supply of natural gas to the pump station and the fire extinguished itself, said John Poister, a spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Protection. Firefighters cooled the site and were on the scene for less than two hours, he said.
“All four wells on site have been safely shut in and secured,” according to a statement from Kate O'Donovan, Consol's manager of corporate communications.
The DEP is investigating, Poister said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- McIntyre students hope Buddy Bench is beneficial to all
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Intruder in Carrick makes off with cash, weapon
- Central Catholic rowers excel at Allegheny Boat Race
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Annual Holiday Parade to celebrate all things Pittsburgh
- Penguins’ Perron returning to form
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says