Portion of Route 65 in Leetsdale closed a while by flooding
A section of Ohio River Boulevard (Route 65) in Leetsdale was closed Monday evening because of flooding. There were no injuries or evacuations in the flooding shortly after 8 p.m. that was likely caused by storm drains backing up, said Amos P. Cameron, the community's emergency management coordinator. The parking lot of Maroni's Lounge was flooded and water was ankle deep for a time inside the bar, Cameron said. Bill Modzelewski, a meteorologist for the National Weather Service in Moon, said about a third of an inch of rain fell during the storm. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms were expected to continue through Tuesday morning, Modzelewski said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coyotes proliferate despite year-round hunting
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- Sawchik: Should McCutchen really get a huge salary bump?
- Blaze rips through Salem house
- Penguins’ Kunitz makes a dream come true